Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Feet

A good article came out yesterday in the New York magazine online, discussing the downfall of wearing shoes.

You Walk Wrong

I'll have more to add to this soon, as I am doing a lot of research on the function of the foot and ankle, and the effect they have on the rest of the body. I will say, however, that proper foot function is paramount from both a biomechanical and neurophysiological standpoint.

When it comes to problems with our feet and ankles, the majority of us do EVERYTHING wrong.

AS

3 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

Good stuff! I am looking forward to more cool info from you on the feet and ankles.
It is a rare day that I don't do some foot/ankle work with a new athlete on their first appointment (and even after that).
Rock on!
Mike N

Franz Snideman said...

I agree with Mike, this is good stuff!

The next frontier in fitness and health will be about the feet! My feet are nearly mobile enough...

I need more of ankle, foot work Mike!

Nice post Aaron!

Aaron Schwenzfeier said...

Thanks fellas.

Yeah, it's amazing how stupid everything we do with our feet really is.

Problem is that many of us are stuck in tough situations when it comes to not wearing shoes.

AS