Been a long time since I've updated, so to fill the world in on my happenings as of late and a few notes:
- School is in session; I am teaching a class this fall (actually 2, one is a strength training class) titled Fundamentals of Physical Conditioning. These students are going to get a HEAVY dose of training principles and practical application, plus probably a few "rants". I am 1 for 1 in the "rants" department as we have had only 1 class thus far. I'll keep you posted on my percentage as the semester roles along.
- Attended Z-Health I-Phase (which is level 2) this month. Great information. The thing that I am continually impressed with, is Dr. Eric Cobb's ability to take a bunch on complex concepts and tie them together into a system grounded on solid principles. While attending Z-Health, I stayed at Dr. Mike T. Nelson's Canapé Inn, where we once again solved the world's problems. Now to just find a way to get the message out...
- Football is in the air, gotta love it!
- From a discussion with Dr. Nelson: "Failure is feedback with an emotional attachment" or something like that. Either way, learn from it.
- Excess tension inhibits performance. Tension is psychosomatic. Tension is activity in the body and mind. How can we effectively learn and improve other activities when we are already doing another activity (excess tension).
- "Adaptation doesn't have an off switch." -Frankie Faires