Monday, February 23, 2009

Question for those that make the claim

This came up not one, not two, but three times this morning (in three different cases)... so I have to ask.

Show me how you can preferentially recruit the "mythical" vastus medialis obliques, the... I mean... THE VMO (HUGE emphasis on THE).

I am absolutely intrigued by this level of skill and would like to know how to do this. Then to be able to replicate this fine skill at what I would consider game speed.

Help please.

Ahhh... microscopes.

AS

4 comments:

Sam Morton said...

First you need to take powdered unicorn horn and mx it with leprichaun blood... then do partial squats on a med ball...

That "lateral tracking" will get you everytime.

Must be great to have one answer for every knee pain there is...

Mike T Nelson said...

I think I just saw someone do it.

He was standing on a leprichaun, but a pot of gold at the end of a rainbow.

Rock on
Mike N

FRANKIE FAIRES said...

http://sportscenteraustin.blogs.com/the_view/2003/11/the_myth_of_the.html

Tank said...

I think the naming "the VMO" is impart due to the name of the branch of the femoral nerve that innervates the area. Nerve to the the vastus medialis.

Not that it is any excuse to try to isolate it. But just a thought.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1257075/