Monday, February 15, 2010

President's Day Variety

Just signed into Twitter... I should know better... it just fuels my ADHD. Anxiety triggers all in one place, haha!! So without further ado...

-Speaking of ADHD, it's just another symptom.

-The invention of the chair; another top suspect in the long list of our society's ills. The teams I work with are not allowed to sit on anything that resembles the posture of that seen in a chair. If a person's going to sit, it's going to be on the floor... and not against the wall.

-Frank Forencich wrote an excellent post on his blog titled, "Just don't do it: the case against exercise".

-Variation. The most important principle for health.

-Some days on my lunch break, I drive (I drive... isn't that sh**y) by a local elementary school and am enamored by the children playing at recess. This time of the year, the kids seem to flock to the piles of snow; climbing, pushing or jumping off of, making forts, etc... must be something to playing on hills, not sure exactly what (have ideas), but I'll trust the kids on this one.

-Sets of 4, 7, 9, 11... the obscure rep numbers.

-Well, teams are trained for the day, I am off to pick up my daughter early and we are going sledding.

Move.
AS

2 comments:

Mike T Nelson said...

Interesting how kids jump and play and land at all at "weird" angles.

Athletes play, cut and run all at "weird" random-like angles.

We train athlete in perfect symmetrical stances and even single leg work is rarely done in other movement planes, much less at new angles. Hmmmmm

rock on
Mike T Nelson PhD(c)
Extreme Human Performance

Aaron Schwenzfeier said...

Yeah, I am starting to think young children know EVERYTHING.